Last Updated May 23rd, 2015 at 10:52AM
The following details how to reconfigure your Apple iPhone or iPad to connect to Microsoft Office 365 Hosted Exchange. The screen shots below are from an iPad but iPhone users will see the same options, just in a smaller format. Before proceeding, make sure you have the email with the new credentials from SYGNET available. We recommend printing or writing down the credentials before proceeding. Users with multiple mailboxes will need to go through the steps below for each mailbox, one at a time. We also recommend performing the steps below over Wifi rather than cellular due to the initial re synchronization that will occur (which will use more data than an average day).
Note: SYGNET will be adjusting server settings starting at 5PM Friday, May 22nd. Do not attempt these steps until after this time! Once SYGNET has preformed the changes on the server side your device will likely start prompting you for your password, or indicating it Cannot Verify Server Identity. This is expected, and when that occurs Cancel out of the prompts and follow the steps below to configure your device for the hosted mailbox.
- If you have not done so already, please open a browser and go to https://portal.office.com. Login with the credentials provided to ensure they are correct. If you are prompted to change your password, please do so and make a note of what you made it. Going forward, SYGNET will not be able to see what your password is, we will only be able to reset it. If you have difficulties logging into the portal site, please contact SYGNET for assistance.
- On your IOS device, go to your home screen and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll through the left pane and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars. This will list the accounts configured on the device in the right pane. Select the GreenCentre Canada mailbox to be configured. Note: The name for the account will not necessarily be “GreenCentre Canada”. The account name can vary depending on how the it was originally setup. If you have more than one account on your device, you may need to select each account to see what email address is associated with it until you find the one you need to reconfigure.
- In the right pane, select Account at the top to show the detailed Account settings.
- In the account details screen, ensure the Email address at the top is correct. Then update the Server value to “outlook.office365.com”. Note: If you are unable to change the server value and it is currently set to “mail.greencentrecanada.com“, you can continue with the rest of the steps as this will still work. For the Domain field, clear out any value that may be there so it is blank (this field is no longer used). In the Username field, enter the “<Email address>” for this account. For the Password field enter the associated password for the account. Modify the Description field so it matches the “<Email address>” for the account so it will be easier to recognize it in the account list later. If it is not possible to update the Description field, you can continue with the rest of the steps as this will still work. Click the Done option and the system will attempt to contact the server. When it is successful a series of green checks will appear down the right side of each field and after a few seconds you will return to the previous screen. If you are not successful, please check each field to ensure it is correct and there are no typos. Note: When working with the Password field, it shows you each character entered for a few seconds before replacing it with a dot. If you are unable to successfully update this screen, please contact SYGNET for assistance.
- At this point, the account should be updated and your device should now be synchronizing with the new Hosted MS Office 365 mailbox. You can leave the Settings screens and open the various mailbox related Apps (Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Reminders, and Notes) to see if they are updating. It will likely take a few minutes until everything is up to date.
Congratulations, at this point Apple IOS device should be fully configured to use your new MS Office 365 hosted mailbox!